"Wanderer" was a "luxury yacht" built in Setauket, NY (also listed as Brookhaven, NY) which was purchased by a cotton merchant, outfitted in Port Jefferson, NY with water tanks, and after dining with a British Navy officer off Africa ("slavery blockader") put in with 100s Africans it had smuggled to Jekyll Island, Georgia in 1859. "Wanderer" was said to be a "chess piece" the "last slaver" in the American Civil War and was very fast and held at one time by both sides. It reputedly sank off Cape Maysi (near Guantanamo, Cuba, the cape named by Columbus) in the 1880s in a storm while in the fruit trade. The only description exists as an oil painting last seen in the Port Jefferson Yacht Club. An ascendant, in real estate, convinced the researchers of the Federal government to change the bronze plaque next to the large cast iron pot on Jekyll Island, Georgia (past playground of the rich) to read from, "built in Port Jefferson, NY" to "...Setauket, NY" in the early 1960s. A pair of the ascendents from the Atlantic crossing were in "Doublemint Twins" gum commercials according to "Newsday" the Long Island newspaper. I tested some of the property, as an archaeology paper, that Captain Brewster Hawkins, its builder, lived at. His son Thomas, was it's first captain before the sale, by which it became "infamous" in history.