As an acronym for Testing Recall About Strange Happenings, a College Bowl-like organization featuring academic competition questions about very un-academic subjects. TRASH tournaments (such as TRASH Regionals and TRASHionals) attract undergraduates, grad students, and dinosaurs -- people who play for love of the game but have already graduated from any number of institutions. Topics include music (with a lot of '80s music), movies, sports, geek stuff, floof (women's stuff), TRASH lit, and a category modestly titled "weird." Some writers are particularly demented: weird questions have included obscure pornography, penis piercings, and other stuff that I need not mention here.

TRASH includes some fun diversions, like the psychic bonus that's worth 40 points if you can guess the answer off of no information and the one-point bonus. Example:

Name the musician, 40-30-20-10-1. Answer: Billy JOEL

The best reason to go to TRASH tournaments is for the eclectic prizes they give away. They include such oddities as WWF plush dolls, J.R. Beer pins, and the grand prize of TRASHionals, the ECW Championship Belt. The belt was donated to TRASH's James Dinan by the former head of Extreme Championship Wrestling, after the league went bankrupt.