Hosted by stand-up comedian and Full House co-star Dave Coulier, America's Funniest People was a show which blended live, interactive elements with the simple home-video goodness of America's Funniest Home Videos. Both America's Funniest People and America's Funniest Home Videos were created by producer Vin Di Bona, and both shows share a very similar design. Airing on ABC on Sundays at 8:30 PM (just after America's Funniest Home Videos) the show was 30 more minutes of bad jokes, unfunny impressions, and tired gags.

Although the show offered a cash prize to the funniest home video per week, it added more variety show elements. For example, Coulier would voice the Jackalope in a series of fast-motion sketches. Coulier also did the voice of Bullwinkle Moose, however poorly and repeatedly. There were also a series of gags in which the America's Funniest People Team would go to shopping malls searching for people to reveal their hidden talents like being double-jointed or being able to wiggle their ears. There were even a few musical guests, including Kid 'N Play. Judges would vote for the best home video, which would be qualified to win the $100,000 grand prize.

Servo5678 points out that TNT and TBS occasionally show reruns of this in the U.S. during the wee hours of the morning.