Track 9 of Disc 2 of Ani DiFranco's first live album (her ninth overall), Living in Clip is a hilarious little mostly monologue about life on the road with the genre-defying singer-songwriter. What follows is my very best effort at transcribing the episode, in which a giddy, giggly (nervous?) Ani relates a story of a travel mishap. I've included the spoken part at the beginning of "Wrong With Me", the songlet immediately following "Travel Tips", since it's such a cute epilogue to the story.

ANI: So, ok... (laughs)...

so, last night, well... we were sposed to be here last night --- I mean, not --- and you're LATE! (laughs) No.

We were supposed to be in this town, sleeping, soundly, in beds, with toilets really nearby. And um...

But, but, uh, but what? Instead, we were in.... We were in a study... room, in a dormitory, at the University of Chicago. (laughs) And we were having a little slumber party. (laugh)

It was like, well, I mean, it was either that or sleep, you know, at the gate, in the airport. So... so we decided, well, the study room. And it was so funny! 'Cause there we were in Chicago, right, and everybody was in Chicago and they could check out any time they like but they could never leave!

So then, and oh, yeah, right, and Chicago is just infested with cranky air travel people, and they had filled up all the hotels, so... But not the dorms! No...

Travel tips!

(laughs, begins strumming opening to "Wrong With Me", which leads into "In or Out" — this is also the break between tracks on the album)

From here we're going up to Canada, so, um... laughs

Where the, you know, where the beer runs frothier, and the moose shag shaggier, and the bear rugs are still growling...

ANDY: And the different colored money makes sense.

The moral of the story is, of course, to make the most of whatever chance opportunities you come across in your channels. If someone invites you to visit them or stay at their place, and they don't give you the howling fantods, take them up on it! Especially if it's late at night and all the hostels and hotels are full....