The following text appeared on my homenode from 1 January 2003 until 17 February 2003. I kept it on my E2 Scratch Pad for months afterward and am now (28 September 2003) daylogging it to free up some space there (also because it would be obnoxious to node about noding anywhere besides my homenode, daylogs, or maybe an editor log). However, I highly recommend the "vacation from E2" idea to anyone who reads this entry: playing on this site can become very addictive, and it's easy to lose sight of the fact that it's just a game. Taking some time off can help you maintain a healthy perspective (i.e. not take things too seriously). I suspect this is true of many activities in life, and not just E2, but it's not always easy to take a break from aspects of life, so we noderfolk should count ourselves lucky that taking a break from E2 is as easy as just logging out.


1 January 2003: Portland, Oregon

It's clobberin' time. Which is to say that I'm going to start 2003 off by spending some time off e2 in an attempt to stop distracting myself from other things I want and need to do. This should in no way be interpreted as a reflection on any of the super-cool noderfolk I play with around here (you know who you are) although the fact is that y'all are just too much fun. My address is in EMAR; I love paper mail and will happily write back as time and whim permit. I wish you all the best, and hope to be back online in a week to a month.