Good Pirate/Bad Pirate is a silly people watching game based on the premise that all people, everywhere, fall into one of two categories:
- would make a good pirate
- would make a bad pirate
All pirate stereotypes apply. If you and your friends don't take yourselves too seriously, try playing it amongst yourselves! Bonus points if not everybody's in on the game. Try getting folks to say "Arr me mateys!" or sing "Fifteen Men on a Dead Man's Chest". Extra super bonus points if you can get somebody to don an eye patch. If you can get someone to wear a parrot on their shoulder, you are the Good Pirate/Bad Pirate champion, and I send you all due respect (and a bottle of rum).
That said, it's time for a quick game of Good Pirate/Bad Pirate among my noding pals:
- ideath: good pirate. see What would you give your left arm for? and Everything Commune if you don't believe me.
- WickerNipple: hard to tell. perhaps not the best of pirates, but definitely a worthy cabin boy.
- yossarian: good pirate.
- liminal: excellent pirate.
- perdedor: another tough call. if he weren't always hidden in that black hooded sweatshirt, maybe he could convince me to walk the plank.
- meson: my personal jury's still out on this one. how many itinerant philosophers can we have terrorizing the high seas? on second thought, don't answer that.
- flamingweasel: nice guy, great voice (to the point of my having to blurt out a random compliment because an appropriate opportunity just wouldn't present itself), bad pirate.
- Jongleur: bad pirate, but totally lickable.
- Igloowhite: good pirate, in a robber baron, highwayman kind of way. I have no trouble imagining him knocking over a stagecoach. Plus, I just heard him tell the chatterbox "I will fuck you up english major ergonomic keyboard style"! And besides, he's a badass motherfucker.
- WolfDaddy: good pirate!
- conform: bad pirate, but a Sexy Bitch (even has a very stylish necklace to prove it)
- Roninspoon: good pirate.
- Ouroboros: bad pirate, despite the very good earrings.
- Ælien: good pirate. yo ho ho...
- ocelotbob: bad pirate, but I sent him a postcard with Lesbians! on it any way, with Monkeys! and Soy! to follow if I ever find them.
- icicle: good pirate. Gets extra points for biological warfare at the Portland neoimperialist noderganza of October 2002.
Is the listing getting old yet? I have many more piracy ratings from the Apocalypso Now! Southern California noder gathering and beyond, but I think this writeup is starting to sound like a one-note joke. /msg me if we've met and you absolutely must know what kind of pirate you are. I find this is a game best played in person.