Killed

I may not always remember to sign my Klaproth notes (though so far I've always given reasons for my kills), so I'm creating this list right now so nobody's massacred writeups fall through the cracks of anonymous DEATH!

  • The Final Cut (idea) by herbman (mercifully) one-liner getting downvoted to heck
  • The Final Cut (idea) by kenata (mercifully) just a track list; totally superseded by jaubertmoniker's writeup
  • if everybody jumped off a bridge (idea) by tim_three (mercifully); lame one-liner
  • if everybody jumped off a bridge (idea) by thefez (mercifully); lame one-liner
  • if everybody jumped off a bridge (idea) by Protector of Mankind (mercifully); lame one-liner
  • Do the world a favor, raise your kids atheist (idea) by ixs (mercifully); writeup does not mean reply and off-topic to boot.
  • Noam Chomsky on the Attacks Against the World Trade Center and the Pentagon (idea) by Jackson Mayhem (mercifully) by request
  • E2 Nuke Request (idea) by Jackson Mayhem (mercifully) because duh, nuke requests taste like luscious puppy goodness. mmm, puppies.
  • What is up with the daylog nuking?!? (idea) by Nero because it had a nuke request built into it. mmm, puppies. Filed nodeshell deletion request as well.
  • Counterspell (thing) by novalis (mercifully) and (thing) by Dialogue (also mercifully) because they were superceded by Saige's w/u.
  • crippling women (idea) by Old Nick because it was wrong, writeup does not mean reply and blaming the victim is never a good idea to boot.
  • tips for living on a fixed income (idea) by rescdsk (mercifully); a one-liner getting downvoted to hell.
  • nationalism (idea) by swat (mercifully) and nationalism (idea) by sharpie (also mercifully); both E1 writeups made obsolete by AnotherMartini's rescue.
  • Hypnotic Specter (thing) by novalis (mercifully) because it was superceded by Saige's writeup.
  • Yum (idea) by Zorin (mercifully) because it was a one-liner that was getting downvoted to hell.
  • How Come Porn Stars Make it Look So Easy!!? (idea) by GhettoQube (mercifully) because it was a misspelled, inarticulate, unformatted rant, and rightly getting downvoted to hell. Filed nodeshell deletion request as well.
  • Nicolas Cage (person) by mikewertheim (mercifully); it was superceded by The Dead Guy's writeup.
  • mathematical proof that girls are the root of all evil (idea) by Palmaceous because it was crap. Filed a nodeshell deletion request, may it be carried out soon.
  • I'm proud to say I am openly heterosexual (idea) by wonko because it was a waste of nodespace and (rightly) getting downvoted to hell. Filed a nodeshell deletion request as well.
  • Reading Plato doesn't make you smart (idea) by Mr. Frog (mercifully) because it was getting downvoted to hell. I know it's hard to believe, but not everything in life is about picking up girls (there's boys to hit on, too!) Filed nodeshell deletion request as well.
  • Democracy (idea) by robwicks, (idea) by Jansu, and (idea) by vladkornea (all three mercifully, as they'd been getting enough downvotes already)
  • Will I go blind/bald/insane/grow hair on my palms/penis turn black and fall off from masturbating? (idea) by blowdart (mercifully) because it was a stupid, unfunny one-liner.
  • Will I go blind/bald/insane/grow hair on my palms/penis turn black and fall off from masturbating? (idea) by walynn3 (mercifully) because it was getting downvoted out of existence.
  • Guinness (thing) by Eye In The Pyramid (mercifully) because it was a one-liner getting downvoted out of existence.
  • The Destroyer (thing) by rad (mercifully) because it was a cryptic one-liner that meant very little and was getting downvoted out of existence.
  • sucking the cock of corporate cola (idea) by mat catastrophe (mercifully) by request
  • big fucking mistake (idea) by mat catastrophe (mercifully) by nuke request
  • Marge Simpson (person) by binarydreams (mercifully) because its content was superseded by shimmer's writeup

Softlocked

Firmlinks

  • Nicholas Cage to Nicolas Cage, but not the other way around, since the latter is the correct spelling and the former common misspelling is softlocked for our convenience.
  • prophecy to prophesy and back again.

Corrections/Collaborations

  • Corrected spelling and punctuation in SharQ's Astrid Lindgren (person). Will be helping with grammar/general translation issues soon.
  • Suggested grammar corrections to SharQ's avalanche.
  • Pointed out some HTML and formatting weirdness in nationalism (idea) by AnotherMartini; cooled when that was all sorted out

Editor Cooled

Notes

Thank you to the following people, who belatedly welcomed me to editorship and/or gave good advice and/or rock my world for other reasons: jessicapierce, Gritchka, siouxsie, and panamaus.

I recently received a /msg questioning my tendency to give low rep/downvotes as a reason for nukage in my editor logs. My private reply to this, which I now make public so y'all can hold me accountable/give me shit if you so choose, is that there's an implied "...and it sucked" tacked onto the end of most of the deleted writeups I've logged about nuking for low rep. Personally, I don't downvote anything I wouldn't be willing to delete, and I think that XP/rep is as good a way as any for coming to a consensus about what sucks. That said, I've come across plenty of nukably low-rep writeups that seemed worth leaving in place, so in the end what really determines whether I wield the editorial pimp stick (unprovoked by nuke requests and the like, of course) is whether I personally think something sucks. So there ya go.