I'm still on the road and hence sporadically on e2 (see my homenode for details) but every now and then I get to indulge my addiction. Here are this month's results.
- cabernet sauvignon (thing) by Kallen (mercifully) because it was totally superceded by sneff's writeup.
- We are about to be enslaved by a matriarchy (idea) by Zanth because it was a pretty stupid rant.
- We are about to be enslaved by a matriarchy (idea) by gitm (mercifully) because it was a reply to a pretty stupid rant, and obsolete due to my deletion of the former. Added We are about to be enslaved by a matriarchy to Nodeshells Marked for Destruction.
- Resist all the urges that make you wanna go out and kill (idea) by moroboshi (mercifully) because writeup does not mean reply, even to a node title, and especially to make a writeup that admits it's lame.
- Resist all the urges that make you wanna go out and kill (idea) by GirlsDontLikeMe (mercifully) because writeup does not mean reply.
- Resist all the urges that make you wanna go out and kill (idea) by dko (mercifully) because writeup does not mean reply, and it was getting downvoted to hell.
- Hedostentialists (person) by moJoe (mercifully) because the topic at hand was sufficiently covered in Hedostentialism. Added Hedostentialists to Nodeshells Marked for Destruction.
- fucking and eating grapes (idea) by moJoe (mercifully) because "see also" makes me twitch, and besides, the topic is sufficiently covered in Hedostentialism. Added fucking and eating grapes to Nodeshells Marked for Destruction.
- sheila-na-gig because there was more information at sheela-na-gig, although I'm honestly not sure on the spelling. Same caveat as stated with the firmlinking applies here as well.
- hot dogs on a stick because I didn't have the heart to nuke either writeup there. Time to ask higher-ups to intervene with reparenting, I suppose.
One of the fun things about being an editor is adding to the dialogue that is the list of C! writeups. On 16 July 2002, I wandered onto E2 to find independent media are biased too on the list twice. As a result, I surfed softlinks for a long time, softlinked Moral Agency in a Propaganda system all over the place, and produced the following C!s:
Added The difficulties of keeping an ideal to Nodeshells Marked for Destruction because it's nigh-enough identical to The difficulties of keeping to an ideal, but the latter isn't a nodeshell.
Asked blaaf to hardlink The History of the Old Woman back to Voltaire's satirical masterpiece, Candide. Apparently I did so in what came across as a rather high-handed and arrogant manner, as noder replied similarly, only more verbosely, with added bonus schmack-talk, profanity, and assumptions about my gender. Fortunately for both of us, I was sufficiently distracted that I couldn't read or reply quickly enough to escalate the unpleasantness too much, and actually heard blaaf out. Turns out that what I thought was a helpful, if brief, blab! comment wasn't, but my suggestion was taken, even if the tone in which I made it wasn't appreciated. So I apologized:
/msg blaaf Hey, relax. I'm SORRY it sounded like I was accusing plagiarism. I've been going through old writeups of mine and realizing how many border on plagiaristic cut & paste NFN badness, and so I'm very sensitive to that mistake right now. I really am trying to help. Also, not everyone has heard of Voltaire or Candide, unfortunately. Giving both publicity is a good good thing.
Let it be known that I will gladly cool blaaf's fully self-audited and linked Candide as soon as the opportunity arises. I'd also be happy to help out by auditing the writeups in question but only by request. The moral of the story is:
- I have to learn to write kinder, gentler editor messages.
- Rather than trying to reply to someone's criticism, etc. with lightning-fast wit and bitchiness, it's better to hear the other person out.
- Self-audits are good.
There's more, I'm sure, and maybe I'll add it later, but right now it's late and I'm tired.
Added how do u get onto another persons MSN messenger to Nodeshells Marked For Destruction
Talked to TehBear about Thierry Henry and how to make it and other writeups about soccer/football players look less like cut and paste. Go upvote the results now!