It's a fiction book by Dan Brown

Summary: Then the Director of the Louvre is murdered in a gruesome and mysterious fashion his granddaughter and an American Historian (who specializes in symbols) – must uncover a secret organization thousands of years old in order to find the most sought after relic in all of human history… before it is destroyed.

You could also describe it as “The Illuminatus Trilogy” crossed with “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” set in the 21st century and directed as a serious action thriller by Spielberg….


That’s about as neatly as I can sum this book up in a sentence or two. It’s a page turner (as it ought to be it was a bestseller) – the real reason I’ve chosen to add this book to everything is because of its mention of the “sacred feminine” – the idea that at one point in history there were male and female gods and now we have only the male gods.

The book is written in a rather simplistic fashion and does not assume that the reader is very savvy about history (this annoyed me in the passages about cryptography and math history… but was a relief in the bits of Church history.. about which I know nothing)

The characters are thinly drawn, and there are some painfully overwrought “romantic tensions” between the American Historian and the museum owners granddaughter.

That all said, off all of the books I’ve read (fiction books, that is) who mention the Holy Grail this one told the most believable story. (please note believable is not the same as plausible) –that is you’re able to go along with it while reading the book—also Brown makes many fascinating connections—(sort of like a dumbed down version of James Burke) and leaves you feeling like you’ve at last been let in on the big secret of EVERYTHING.

Anyone who knows art history may squeal and writhe over the inaccuracies… but, come on… it’s just a story

OR IS IT?

:: Insert corny sinister laughter ::