Today my mock GCSE exams started (aside from the 2 english literature papers I did last week and completely messed up). For anyone who doesn't know, GCSE stands for General Certificate of Secondary Education. Here in England GCSE's are the key to actually getting somewhere in life. They are the first exams that you take that really count for something, however, they count for more than just something, they count for everything! If you are unfortunate enough to fail your GCSE's you have no choice but to sit them again, this is because when you go for a job it's these results that they ask for. Fortunately, these are only the mocks, i.e. a sort of "pretend" exam which is to be treated like the real thing only it doesn't matter so much if u do badly.

I started off the day with a nice refreshing 2 hours of maths (end sarcasm). It wasn't so bad, but there was one question on the paper that involved an algebraic magic square. So far I don't know of anyone who managed that question! Other than that it went well and I think I'll have done good (shame it doesn't count as the real thing if you do good).

Later in the day i was back in that exam hall again, only this time for a Religeous Education exam. I felt like screaming, a full 2 and a half hours of a torturous exam that nearly killed me. RE exams are a lot harder than all the practice questions I've done in class, perhaps it was a little foolish of me not to revise for that one. Well anyway that's about it today. I'm going around a friends house after I finish doing this writeup and then I'll probably be going to bed a little earlyer than usual since I start tomorrow with a biology exam... does the nightmare of exams ever end?