Confectionary items that are generally sold and marketed around Easter. They comprise of a thick (3mm+) milk chocolate shell containing a fondant creme yolk and albumen. Each egg is foil-wrapped (with a lovely 1970's-style design in red, yellow and blue printed on the foil) and sold individually or in boxes of six (like... eggs). Although extremely delicious, it is a well known fact that you can only eat about 6 creme eggs before puking. That shouldn't stop you from trying however.

In recent years Galaxy Caramel Eggs have appeared to try and challenge the Creme Eggs' supremacy.

Cadbury's Creme Eggs have been advertised in a number of memorable campaigns, in recent years usually involving on a variation of "How do you eat yours?", which previously starred (egg-headed) Matt Lucas, but now stars a bunch of comparatively unfunny no-name stock advertisment actors.

BlueDragon says they are actually sold all year round. Many people have told me this, but I am not sure it's true. I suppose it depends on your newsagent.

Furthermore, I have now been utterly inundated with /msgs on this topic. The general concensus of opinion is that the Eggs are primarily shipped out and displayed on counter-tops between January and June. White chocolate, peppermint, caramel, double chocolate and orange chocolate variants have been spotted, as well as packs with Cadbury's Fingers for dipping. Clone offers the shocking news that girls in York pubs are asking for pints and creme eggs (there is something very wrong about this). And that he "hates the bastard things", which is an opinion that he is sadly alone in holding.

New sightings 28/03/2002: Cadbury's Dream Egg; Rolo Cookie Egg; Milkybar Egg