Jordan Cochran is the hyper-kinetic engineering student from the movie Real Genius, played by Michelle Meyrink, of Revenge of the Nerds semi-fame. Along with cohorts Chris Knight and Mitch Taylor she helps develop a very powerful laser, capable of popping enough popcorn to fill a house or killing a single person from orbit, depending on into whose hands it falls.

She’s the kind of girl who will walk you into the bathroom while you are trying to pee, knit you a sweater, and then build you a bed just because she had nothing better to do. There are a few brief romantic (and some not so romantic) interludes between her and Mitch. As with any nerd relationship, it is not without its awkwardness. Despite a brief incident with a sexy blonde, she ends up with Mitch in the end.

Jordan reminds me a lot of Gadget Hackwrench, engineer-mouse extraordinaire from the Rescue Rangers. It’s not surprising they are both my heroes. I don't talk nearly as much as either of them, though.

"I never sleep, I don't know why. I had a roommate, and I drove her nuts, I mean really nuts, they had to take her away in an ambulance and everything, but she's ok now, but she had to transfer to an easier school, but I don't know if that had anything to being my fault, but listen, if you ever need to talk, or help studying just let me know, cause I'm just a couple doors down from you guys and I never sleep ok?"
-Jordan Cochran, Real Genius