An excellent collection of singles by DJ Shadow, put out by the MoWax label in 1997 after the staggering success of Endtroducing. The first pressing of the US edition was actually a double cd; it included DJ Qbert's "DJ Shadow Megamix" Camel Bobsled Race, an excellent deconstruction of Shadow's work into Qbert's distinctive style. If you can't find one of the original pressings of Preemptive Strike used, you'll have to find Camel Bobsled Race on cd single. This collection is great, since most of these singles are either impossible to find or staggeringly expensive (these singles had limited releases mostly in the UK, and everyone loves Shadow, so you're going to pay through the nose to get someone's copy of In/Flux) -- for anyone but the most obsessive collector, this cd will do.

Tracklist - italics are original release dates and catalog numbers

  1. Strike 1
  2. In/Flux (October 1993, A-Side of MW04)
  3. Hindsight (B-Side of MW04)
  4. Strike 2
  5. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 2) (All parts released February 1995, MW027)
  6. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 3)
  7. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 4)
  8. What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1)
  9. Strike 3 (And I'm Out)
  10. High Noon (September 1997, A-Side of MW063)
  11. Organ Donor (B-Side of MW063)