Things I learned from my two years in the trenches at UW:
- Use the love lock. Even when you're alone and you roomate isn't supposed to be back from class for another hour. Wait. Especially when you're alone.
- Don't mix drunk sophmores, everclear, and a lighter. I thank whatever deity made that guy put the bottle down on the counter rather than drop it after he set the wall, door, and his hand on fire while trying to do the "fire coming out of the mouth" trick.
- Weather stripping around the door helps keep odors in.
- At least use a towel in the door, and don't keep letting people in & out while the festivites are in progress
- Stay away from the windows. There are always cops watching from the driveway.