*SIGH*

It's August.

In another month I'll be back in school. Vacation (read Work Term) is almost over, and I don't think I like that. Back to the seemingly endless stream of classes and late study nights, and trillions of other things to do on the side. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better to just stayed here in Ottawa, instead of going back home to Vancouver.

But I guess most of my friends are leaving too, their work terms are finished as well. It's not that I hate school, or Vancouver, in fact I love them both. It's that I've just started enjoying this whole money and freedom thing. It's intoxicating really, being able to spend late nights carousing about town with friends, only having to worry about work 9-5.

I hate slipping into finishing mode. You know what I mean, that state of mind, where you are preparing to leave a place, so you are trying to tie up all the loose ends before you leave, and feel unwilling to start anything new.

Don't want to start that new workout program yet, I should wait until I get back home.

Don't want to make any new friends I won't have time to really get to know them.

Don't want to pursue any relationships, won't have time to make it last.

I just wish that I didn't know that the end of summer was coming, and that it could just sneak up on me, so that I could skip this whole finishing mindset.

*SIGH*

It's August.