Sigmund Freud would have had a field day. One of my dreams last night was that I had a snake for a pet. A long and skinny non-poisonous snake of the garter variety. Some of my weirdest dreams are those dreams when I am in bed trying to sleep. This time it was made even weirder by the fact that my pet snake was in bed sleeping with me.

In another dream I was attending a Smashing Pumpkins concert in San Diego, California. I'm not sure why I knew I was there in San Diego, I've never been there in real life, but in this dream I was in the middle of a long stretch of following the Pumpkins around the country during a concert tour (the fact that the Pumpkins broke up last December notwithstanding). The concert was in a baseball-type stadium and I had terrible seats where I couldn't even see the stage from where I was sitting. After the concert ended I started trying to find a friend of mine who I was supposed to meet after the show when someone called out my name behind me. It was Chris R., a kid I went to grade school with and who I haven't seen or thought much about since high school (about ten years ago now). Still, I recognized him on sight, he still had the same haircut he did in grade school. We shook hands and I noticed his right hand was deformed, all swollen and twisted out of shape. I forgot about my other friend and Chris led me to some sort of restaurant inside the stadium where two other people from my grade school class (Steve L. and Mike W.) who I also hadn't seen for 10 years were sitting in a booth. Both still had the same haircuts as well, but these two guys didn't recognize me, which pissed me off to no end. Steve was sitting with a short blond somewhat overweight girl. I thought that they were a perfect match for each other, Steve being short and overweight as well. In another set of seats nearby were a row of people dressed in late 80's heavy metal black t-shirts and prototypical 80's heavy metal hair. None of these people in particular were from my high school past, except for the shirts they were wearing and their scraggly hair.