(Hinduism, Vaishnavism)

Sri Tulasi Pranama
(chanted while offering obesiances to Tulasi Devi)

vrindayai tulasi-devyai
priyayai keshavasya ca
vishnu-bhakti-prade devi
satyavatyai namo namah

I offer my repeated obeisances unto Vrinda, Srimati Tulasi Devi, who is very dear to Lord Keshava. O goddess, you bestow devotional service to Lord Krishna and possess the higest truth.


Sri Tulasi-kirtana
(sung during Tulasi arati)

(1)
namo namah tulasi! krishna-preyasi
radha-krishna-seva pravo ei abhilasi

(2)
ye tomara sharana loy, tara vañcha purna hoy
kripa kori' koro tare vrindavana-vasi

(3)
mora ei abhilasha, vilasa kuñje dio vasa
nayane heribo sada yugala-rupa-rashi

(4)
ei nivedana dhara, sakhira anugata koro
seva-adhikara diye koro nija dasi

(5)
dina-krishna-dase koy, ei yena mora hoy
sri-radha-govinda-preme sada yena bhasi

O Tulasi, beloved of Krishna, I bow before you again and again. My desire is to obtain the shelter of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna. Whoever takes shelter of you has his wishes fulfilled. Bestowing your mercy upon him you make him a resident of Vrindavana. My desire is that you will also grant me a residence in the pleasure groves of Sri Vrindavana-dhama. Thus within my vision I will always behold the beautiful pastimes of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna. I beg you to make me a follower of the cowherd damsels of Vraja [the gopis]. Please give me the privilege of devotional service and make me your own maidservant. This very fallen and lowly servant of Krishna prays, "May I always swim in the love of Sri Sri Radha and Govinda!".


Sri Tulasi Pradakshina Mantra
(sung whil circumambulating Tulasi Devi)

yani kani ca papani brahma-hatyadikani ca
tani tani panashyanti pradakshinah pade pade

By the circumambulation of Srimati Tulasi Devi all the sins that one may have committed are destroyed at every step, even the sin of killing a brahmana.


<< Back to "Vaishnava Prayers & Songs"