(Hinduism, Gaudiya Vaishnavism)

Sri Sacinandana-vandana
("A Hymn to the son of Sachi")

by Srila Sridhara Deva Gosvami Maharaja

(1)
jaya sacinandana, sura-muni-vandana
bhava-bhaya khandana jaya he

(2)
jaya hari-kirtana, nartana vartana
kalimala kartana jaya he

(3)
nayana-puranadara, visvarupa snehadhara
visvambhara visvera-kalyana

(4)
jaya laksmi-visnupriya, visvambhara-priyahiya
jaya priya kinkara isana

(5)
sri sir-advaita-raya, malini srivasa jaya
jaya candrasekhara acarya

(6)
jaya nityananda-raya, gadadhara jaya jaya
jaya haridasa namacarya

(7)
murari mukunda jaya, premanidhi mahasaya
jaya yata prabhu parisada

(8)
vandi savakara paya, adhamere krpa haya
bhakti svaparsada-prabhupada

All glories to Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of Sacidevi. Great sages and demigods always sing His praise, for by doing so, the fear of repeated birth and death is cut to pieces. All glories to the kirtana of the holy name of Krsna, for when one chants the holy name of Krsna and dances in ecstasy, the filth of this iron age of Kali disappears.

Sri Caitanya delights all eyes with his charming beauty. He is the most dearly beloved Lord of all and the intimate brother of Visvarupa. He brings the highest auspiciousness to everyone, for He floods the entire universe with the nectar of love of godhead and thus saves all living beings. All Glories to Laksmipriya and Visnupriya-devi, who are very dear to Sri Nimai Pandita. All glories to Their dear family servant, Isana.

All glories to Sita Thakurani and Sri Advaita Acarya, all glories to Malini devi and Srivasa Thakura, and all glories to Acarya Candrasekhara. all glories to Srila Nityananda Prabhu, Gadadhara Pandita and Haridasa Thakura, the Namacarya.

All glories to Murari Gupta, and all glories to Mukunda Dutta. All glories to all the other eternal associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. By singing the glories of Srila Prabhupada(*) and all those great souls who are eternal associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, even the lowest of men can obtain the highest treasure of divine love.


(*) N.B. Here "Srila Prabhupada" refers to Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura.

<< Back to "Vaishnava Prayers & Songs"