Since many of us take the time to help new users and because Reactions from Clampe's students is still fresh I thought a conversation with the noderbase might be useful in helping all of us define what works, what doesn't and maybe why. So in that spirit I would like to ask those who are interested in participating to answer a similar survey. The objective it to look at this from as many perspectives as we can with the idea in mind that we would truly like to see this site improve for everyone.

  1. Did you message a new noder in the past 10 days? If so, how well do you think you introduced them to the site?
  2. Did you receive any replies or messages from new users of the site? How many? What were they generally about? What was your reaction to getting contacted by these users?
  3. How did you do with communicating in general? What were your reactions their comments?
  4. What kinds of things did you do to learn about helping new users out? How much content of theirs did you read before messaging them and what impression did you form about them?
  5. What did you think about new users and how well they fit into the concept of E2 ?
  6. Why do you think they come to this site?
  7. Why do you think they leave?
  8. Where do you want E2 to go?

Please post your replies as a day log thanks!

NB: This will be moved to the everyone account as soon as I can figure out how to do that. It's important to me to let you know who posted the survey and it's also important to me that you know I am detached from it personally so that people feel free to respond in whatever way they think is important to them.--lo