by Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura
1. bhaja bhakata-batsala sri-gaurahari
sri-gaurahari soh goshtha-bihari
2. bela ha 'lo, damodaira, aisa ekhano
bhoga-manidre basi' karoha bhojana
3. nandera nideshe baise giri-bara-dhari
baladeva-saha sakha baise sari sari
4. shukta-shakadi bhaji nalita kusmanda
dali dalna dugdha-tumbi dadhi moca-khanda
5. mudga-bora masha-bora rotika ghritanna
shashkuli pishtaka khir puli payasanna
6. karpura amrita-keli rambha khira-sara
amrita rasala, amla dvadasha prakara
7. luci cini sarpuri laddu rasabali
bhojana korena krishna ha 'ye kutuhali
8. radhikara pakka anna vividha byañjana
parama anande krishna korena bhojana
9. chale-bale laddu khay sri-madhumangala
bagala bajay ara deya hari-bolo
10. radhikadi gane heri' nayanera kone
tripta ho 'ye khay krishna yashoda-bhavane
11. bhojanante piye krishna subasita bari
sabe mukha prakhaloy ho 'ye sari sari
12. hasta-mukha prakhaliya jata sakha-gane
anande bishrama kore baladeva-sane
13. jambula rasala ane tambula masala
taha kheye krishna-candra sukhe nidra gela
14. bishalakha shikhi-puccha-camara dhulaya
apurba shayyaya krishna sukhe nidra jaya
15. yashomati-ajña pe 'ye dhanishtha-anito
sri-krishna-prasada radha bhuñje ho 'ye prito
16. lalitdai sakhia-gana avashesha paya
mane mane sukhe radha-krishna-guna gaya
17. hari-lila ek-matra jahara pramoda
bhogarati gay thakur bhakativinoda
1. Just worship Sri Hari, who is always affectionate to
His devotees. Lord Caitanya is Krishna Himsefl, the same personality
who has stolen the heart of Nanda Maharaja and Mother Yashoda.
2. Mother Yashoda calls to Krishna: "My dear Krishna, it is
now very late, place come and sit down in the prasada hall and take Your
3. On the direction of Nanda Maharaja, Krishna, the holder of
Govardhana Hill, and His elder brother Sri Baladeva and all the cowherd boys
sit down in rows to take their lunch.
4. They are then served with a feast of shukta and various
kinds of green leafy vegetables, then nice savouries, a sald made of the green leaves
of the jute plant, pumpkin, baskets of fruit, small square cakes made of lentils
and cooked-down milk, thick yoghurt and vegetable preparations made from the flower
of the banana tree.
5. Then they have fries squares of mung dahl paddy and urad dahl
patties, chapatis, and rice with ghee. Next they have sweetmeats made
with milk, sugar and sesamum, rice clour cakes, thich, cooked-down milk, cakes floating in
milk and sweet rice.
6. There is also sweet rice tasting just like nectar due to its
being mixed with camphor. Also bananas, delicious cheese and twelve kinds of sour
preparations made with tamarinds, limes, lemons, oranges, and pomegranates.
7. There are puris made with white flour and sugar, puris
mnade with cream, and laddus and dahl paddies boiled in sugared rice. Being very eager, Krishna
eats all of the prasada.
8. In great ecstasy and joy Krishna eats all of the various curries, sweets
and pastries cooked by Srimati Radharani.
9. Krishna's funny brahmana friend, Madhumangala, is
very fond of laddus and he gets them to eat by hook or by crook. [Whenever
the cowherd boys ate, he would eat more than all the others, especially laddus.
Then after eating more laddus than anyone else, Madhumangala would still
not be satisfied, and he would say to Krishna, "If you give me one more laddu,
then I sahll be pleased to give You my blessings so that Your friend Radharani will be
very much pleased with You". When Madhumangala eats the laddus, he shouts, "Haribol! Haribol!"
and makes a funny sound by slapping his sides under his armpits with his hands.]
10. Beholding Radharani and Her gopi friends out
of the corner of His eyes, Krishna eats at the house of Mother Yashoda being very satisfied.
11. After lunch, Krishna drinks sweet drinks scented with rose water. Then all His friends,
standing in lines, wash their mouths.
12. After the cowherd boys wash their hands and mouths, in great
bliss they take rest with Lord Balarama.
13. Krishna's devotees supply Him betel nuts and bring
paan with fancy spices and catechu. Eating the paan,
Krishna then happily goes to sleep.
14. While Krishna happily takes His rest on an excellent bedstead,
His servant Vishalaksha fans Him with a fan of peacock feathers.
15. Receiving an order from Mother Yashoda, the gopi
Dhanishtha brings the remnants of food left on Krishna's plate and, being
extremely delighted, Srimati Radharani east them.
16. Laliuta-sakhi and all the other gopis also receive
His prasada, and within their hearts, in great joy, sing the glories of
Radharani and Krishna.
17. Thakura Bhaktivinoda, whose only joy is the wonderful
pastimes of Lord Hari, sings this bhoga arati.
Back to "Vaishnava Prayers & Songs"