(Wake up sleeping souls!)
by Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura
(1) jiv jago, jiv jago, gauracanda bole
kota nidra jao maya-pishacira kole
(2) bhajibo boliya ese samsara-bhitare
bhuliya rohile tumi avidyara bhare
(3) tomare loite ami hoinu avatara
ami vina bnadhu ara ke ache tomara
(4) enechi aushadi maya nashibaro lagi'
hari-nama maha-mantra lao tumi magi'
(5) bhaktavinoda prabhu-carane pariya
sei hari-nama-mantra loilo magiya
(1) Lord Gauranga [Caitanya Mahaprabhu] calls, "Wake up, sleeping souls!
Wake up, sleeping souls! You have slept so long on the lap of the witch
(2) "You came into this world saying, 'O My Lord, I will
certainly worship You', but having forgotten this promise, you have remained in
(3) "I have dewscended just to save you. Other than Myself, who
else is your friend?"
(4) "I have brought this medicine for destroying the illusion
of Maya. Now pray for this hari-nama maha-mantra and take it."
(5) Thakura Bhaktivinoda fell at the
lotus feet of Lord Gauranga, and after begging for the holy name he received
<< Back to "Vaishnava Prayers & Songs"