A merit badge
for Boy scouts
. This is not a required badge for Eagle
. Taken from meritbadge.com:
- Tour your community and list the different building types you see. Try to identify
buildings that can be associated with a specific period of history. Make a sketch of the
building you most admire.
- Arrange to meet with an architect. Ask to see the architect's office and to talk about
- Careers in architecture
- Educational requirements
- Tools an architect uses
- Processes involved in a building project
- Arrange to visit a construction project with the project's architect. Ask to see the
construction drawings so that you can compare how the project is drawn on paper to how it
is actually built. Notice the different building materials. Find out how they are to be
used, why they were selected, and what determines how they are being put together.
- Interview the owner or occupant of a home or other building (your "client").
Find out what your client's requirements would be for designing a new home or business
facility. Write down all of your client's requirements that you think would affect layout
or design of the new facility.
- Measure your bedroom. Make an accurately scaled drawing of the floor plan indicating
walls, doors, windows, and furniture. Neatly label your drawing, including your name and
the date. (Drawing scale: 1/4 inch = 1 foot)