Alberto Malich is a character in the Discworld series of novels by Terry Pratchett. He appears in:

Alberto Malich was born in 1222, and founded the Unseen University. At the age of 67 he attempted to cheat Death by performing the rite of AshkEnte backwards, believing that this would give him another 67 years of life. In fact, he disappeared, leaving only his hat. University members believed that he had been blasted into Dungeon Dimension, in reality he wound up in Death's domain, still alive.

In Death's domain, time passes in one endlessly recycled day, and nothing ages. This suited Albert, since routine is at the heart of a university wizard's life. On the Disc, Albert would have only had 91 days, 3 hours and 5 minutes left of life. This is now reduced to a handful of seconds, having been used on shopping trips and holidays. When in Ankh-Morpork Albert finds lodgings at the YMRCIGBSA (Young Men's Reformed Cultists of the Ichor God Bel-Shamharoth Association), where he steals towels and soap, until Death learns how to create items associated with plumbing.

Albert appears to be a small hunched old man, in reality he is a tall man who walks in an extremely hunched fashion. His notable feature is his red nose, which drips and runs constantly.