The Southeast Unitarian Universalist Summer Institute is an intentional community of approximately 1,000 people who gather for the last week in July to explore their interconnectedness, learn new ways of seeing the world and each other, delight in the joys of meeting old friends and making new ones, share outdoor adventures, and develop new insights and perspectives. It is a Unitarian Universalist summer camp, but many of the participants are not members of any congregation or belong to other denominations/faiths.

For over 50 years, people have been gathering for SUUSI (pronounced "soo-see") - presently held on the campus of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA - to explore, learn, share, grow, dance, sing and play. There are dozens of workshops to choose from on every topic from the sublime to the ridiculous, all sorts of nature trips, music, dancing, spirituality, and fun. Age-appropriate programs for infants, children, teens, and young adults make it a full experience for all members of a family.

SUUSI offers the opportunity to share an intergenerational environment of love, personal freedom, ethics, and joy in an intentional, nonjudgmental community.

Official website: http://www.suusi.org/