Been a while since I did one of these ...

So I'm officially out-of-work. Sort of. I've left my full-time job and now only have a part-time job which, fortunately(?) I can do from home. Working from home would be a tremendous boon if I were married with children and had to take care of the kids or something, but now that I've done it exclusively for a week, I find I miss the mild social contact that comes from working in an office. So I spend a couple of hours on the computer in the morning and then sort of look for another job in a distracted, half-assed manner. No doubt eventually I'll either run out of money or be bored to tears and have to look for another job in earnest, but for now ...

One problem (the main one, I think) is that I'm not at all sure I want to continue with what I've been doing. I find this somewhat worrisome. I mean, aren't I supposed to know what I want to do with my life now that I'm twenty-eight?

Anyhow, the trip to Washington, D. C. was good. It was nice to get away. I took my laptop, but only plugged it in on the last day. I didn't even check my e-mail, I just listened to a bunch of mp3's while doing my morning exercise and ablution. Saw much Smithsonian (which I had seen before) and the new (newish) Holocaust Museum (which I hadn't and which is very good). My Dad bought a dozen soft-shelled crabs and, man alive, them's good eatin'. On the plane ride back, I remembered that I forgot to see the new Roosevelt Monument, so now I have an excuse to go back.

Other than that it's been slow. Read The Sound and the Fury again and found that I actually understand parts of it now (ho-ray for second readings.) I probably should read more Faulkner, but, well, football season's about to start :)