Wow. I just submitted my first write-up in about six months. Well, second if you consider the my E2 nuke request (which I don't.) I really haven't been noding regularly for about a year.

I think I'm at this point where I'm very ambiguous about E2. In the beginning, I had a lot of fun churning out nodes like crazy. I wanted to vote, so I noded until I was level 2. I wanted to cool, so I noded until I was level 4. Etc. It was even mildly social at times. But eventually, noding started to become something I did because it was something I do. I don't know if that makes any sense. What I mean is that I kept on noding because I was used to noding. There was no real ambition, no real goal.

It's not that noding became like work or a chore, it was just ... less fun.

So I stopped.

If you look at my nodelist, you'll see my first 500 nodes took about two months, last last fifty have taken the last year.

I'm still interested in E2, but it's no longer (for the want of a better word) a passion.

And sadly I've come to the realization that this is a pattern oft-repated in my life. I'll get interested in something (baseball, animation, E2, comic books) and do it almost maniaclly for a bit, and then my interest will quickly wane, and I'll be left feeling spent and empty.

This thought really depresses me.

At some point in my life, shouldn't I be able to find something that will capture my interest and imagination for an extended period of time?

Still waiting for an epiphany.