Today began at 8:15am when I crawled out of bed after waking up on my own after 6 hours of sleep. I seem to recall the last seconds of my dream being in some way related to being late to CS1321. I think it was something to the effect of the professor yelling at me about being late as I crept into the auditorium. Of course, this professor would never actually do that. He might (read: probably would) make a humorous comment about me trying to neutralize the student flux of the doorway, as students tend to get up and leave at random intervals (particularly when he's changing Powerpoint presentations.

I get dressed, surf the web some and check on my search for an 86-digit brilliant number. Around 9 I grab my jacket, shove my laptop into my backpack and get breakfast at Woodruff, as usual. A waffle, 3 pancakes, all buttered, but no bagel & cream cheese this time because they don't have any plain bagels. I finish breakfast around 9:30 and start walking towards the old Architecture building. At this point, it's impossible to make it on time, but I won't miss much in the first 5-10 minutes.

I get to class at 9:40. Good, only 5 minutes late. Looks like Danny just got there too. I grab a seat behind him and proceed to surf the web on my laptop throughout the lecture, looking up occasionally and following the progression of the laughter wave (note to self: node that) when the prof makes a joke. After class, I walk back to the dorm with Danny and Anderson.

I do some more work on my brilliant number search. My sore throat that started last night's getting progressively worse. For some reason, snot feels good on it. I never thought I'd say (well, type) this, but I wish my nose was running more. I decide to skip my calc recitation. If it's worse tomorrow, I'll stop by campus medical. I finally do my 25th node and hit level 2. Yay. While I'm at it, I salvage what should've been a daylog from node heaven and node it.
(I'll pause here to duck the hailstorm of downvotes for semi-unintended nodevertising....)

While I continue my procrastination of my CS dormwork, I call home because my parents wanted me to call them before placing the last order for my computer upgrade. They tell me that they just wanted to make sure I get everything right in the shipping and billing stuff (It's my first online order, so I kinda agree with them there), so they say to just call back when I'm ready to do that part. I go with pretty much what I had on my preliminary list, but I add the fan screws I'll need and get the YS-Tech 92mm fan instead of the Thermaltake for 10 more CFM at a cost of 4 dB and equal price. I call my parents again when I'm ready to check out. The forms are straightforward and pretty much the usual forms for first-time customers. We decide to go with 3-day air delivery, since they need to get it by thursday to bring it up for parents' weekend (I'm well aware that's a week away, but a buffer zone never hurts). After we finish that, my mom informs me that something from another reseller won't be in until monday, so we decide to get that shipped 2-day air. After that, I carefully (or not so carefully) spend my first 10 votes over the course of an hour.

As I start to begin my CS homework (finally!), Tyler walks around the floor yelling something about international dessert night in the lobby. I thought that was tomorrow. Oh well; free food, I'll go. As does apparently the rest of my floor, leaving the rest of the building severely underrepresented. After we grab what we wanted off the buffet-style line, Danny, Matt, Anderson, a friend of theirs from east campus, and I stand outside eating our desserts while we chat and wait for a female friend of theirs to arrive. We all finish our desserts right before she arrives, and half of us dig for our keys to open the door. I manage to get there first (all of a foot and a half) and hold the door for everyone after opening it.

As 6 is a bit more than a crowd, I head back to my room to do my cs homework. Problem 1 takes about a half hour to do. 1 down, 5 to go. Looks like an all-nighter. Ack! It's 9:50 and Woodruff closes at 10. Time to grab my shoes and jacket and run there. Most of the food's gone. The waffle batter thingie's empty. The bagel bin's only contents are some esoteric flavor that I'm not trying with this sore throat. Looks like cereal. I grab a bowl of Rice Crispies, a glass of Mr. Pibb and a glass of milk and find a table. I do my usual dining hall routine: read the news on my Palm while I eat and vice versa.

Back in my dorm, I surf the web more, start working on this, run Winamp through half my programming playlist, IM friends, etc. OK, I just sneezed a glob of snot onto my shorts. I take back what I said about wanting my nose to run....