"Spoon tag," as it's called, is yet another variation on the popular game of tag.
To play spoon tag you need:
- a group of people who see each other on a regular basis. College students living in a dorm is an ideal population for a game of spoon tag.
- an equal number of spoons
The point of the game is to tag out as many people as possible without being tagged out yourself.
The rules are as follows:
- Each person is given a spoon, and the name of one other person. You must hold your spoon at all times, within certain parameters (the bathroom and your bedroom are good examples of "safe places" in which you do not have to carry your spoon).
- If you are caught without your spoon outside of a safe place by the person who has your name, you lose. However, if you can find the person whose name you have, and catch them when they are not holding their spoon, they lose.
- If you tag out your target person, you are then responsible for tagging out the person whose name they had.
The game continues until only one person
is left. This can take anywhere from a few days to a month.