A New York City-based rock trio currently consisting of Mike Viola (vocals/guitar/harmonica), Pete Donnelly (bass), and Mike Levesque (drums)).

The Candy Butchers started as the acoustic duo of Mike Viola and Todd Foulsham in Boston in the early '90s. They recorded an LP for MCA imprint Blue Thumb but the label folded just before it was to be released. Todd decided he didn't want to be a full-time musician anymore and quit, leaving Mike to his own devices, which included collaborating with Fountains of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger on songs for the film That Thing You Do! (Mike was the singing voice of Johnathon Schaech's character on "Little Wild One" and the brief radio hit title track.)

After a few more turbulent years, Mike moved to NYC and hooked up with Pete and the other Mike to play a few gigs around town and record a new album as Mike Viola and the Candy Butchers, released on Columbia/RPM in 1999. Josh joined a few months later. They've attracted a rabid fanbase with their acidic, funny, sexy songs and play sold-out shows around town, and Mike also performs solo fairly regularly at Fez under Time Café and opening for They Might Be Giants.

Discography: Infor from candybutchers.com and www.geocities.com/candybutchers/