According to their charter, The Pioneer Fund is a non-profit organization set up to "conduct or aid in conducting study and research into the problems of heredity and eugenics in the human race ... with special reference to the people of the United States."

Further along in their charter they say:

"The Pioneer Fund is committed to the proposition that people of different ethnic and cultural backgrounds are, on the basis of heredity, inherently unequal and can never be expected to behave or perform equally."

What we're looking at is KKK rhetoric dressed up in academic gowns. They've funded some unbelievably racist studies (including a particularly heinous one on "Black Hypersexuality"), most of which have the added bonus of being completely un-scientific.

They're quite slick, and if you visit their webpage they use carefully worded language everywhere: study of "group variancies" they suggest, "may be helpful in developing education methods and tailoring jobs." Well, okay, that doesn't sound too terrible. Until you consider that this is the same group that in the 1930s imported copies of a Nazi propaganda film on "race hygiene" for screening by American schools and civic groups. Now the same words take on an ominous sound.

And you'll be really scared when you read about all the people who get funding from them and all the academic journals and departments they head.


Sources:
www.pioneerfund.org

Getting Serious About White Deviance: An Open Letter to the Pioneer Fund by Tim Wise