This is my first daylog! Yay. I hope its not too rambling.

Well, the day started off in its typical fashion. Woke up around 9 and signed on to the computer shortly after. Managed to spend around 3 hours on this very site and noding only once. For some reason I find it intimidating to write more than I do. Some part of me still feels that I don't have very much of interest to say, but I am slowly getting over that. I managed to pull myself off the computer around 1pm or so and decided that I had to get out of the house to preserve my sanity. So I called a friend.

We wound up hiking through one of my favorite places in this godforsaken town- the only nature preserve within short driving distance. It's not a very large place, but the trails are perty and the beach is not AS polluted as some others. It used to be one of my favorite places to go and think when I was very depressed about a year ago. Now, though, I just like to go to enjoy the scenery and fantasize about truly sharing the place with someone. Unfortunately, today was not a good day for this as my friend decided to complain about the bugs eating him up alive. After some time of this we roamed off to explore a little old estate built in the area by Benjamin Guggenheim. Very pretty castle with lots of funky architecture and small sculptures. We decided that it was a fine setting for various levels of debauchery.

Back to the car. Listened to some very funky Japanese music covering every musical style from choral classical to 60's Beatles-esque rock n' roll. Fascinating stuff. Then it was on to the Gap! I don't like the Gap. My friend enjoys clothes way too much for his own good. Now it was my turn to complain. Trudging through several trendy stores only reaffirmed by conviction never to buy name brand clothes. After another half hour of this we had both gotten sick of each other and decided to go our separate ways.

Since then I have alternated between the computer and rediscovering the joys of Zelda 64. I love that game. It is very useful for escaping from one's problems. All in all it was a good day.