A Mexican singer and TV personality. In the mid 1980s, she was a teen pop star in Latin America, kind of in the vein of Tiffany or the early Alanis Morissette. She attracted some attention by becoming one of the spokespeople for a Planned Parenthood campaign against teen sex, and recording two duets on this theme ("Cuando Estemos Juntos" and "Detente") with former Menudo member Johnny Lozada which became major hits in Latin America and got her interviewed by John Stossel on 20/20, among other news outlets. Despite this, she never achieved a high degree of recognition among non-Hispanic Americans, due to her lack of an English-language crossover hit (though she did release a few songs in English).

Her later album releases as an adult took on a more mature, sexy style, but didn't achieve as much commercial success as her earlier recordings.

In 1995, she made a major change of career direction and started recording children's music, taking her inspiration from the traditional, public domain songs sung by children in Mexico, but giving them modern arrangements (based on pop, rock, and dance music) and performing them with a musical sophistication that is unusual for "kid stuff". While the experts doubted that there was any market for this, her debut kids' album, ¡Brinca!, was an immediate hit, selling over a million copies in Mexico.

She did the voice of Megara in the Spanish version of the Disney animated feature Hercules.

She continues as a children's entertainer, hosting a weekly TV show, El Espacio de Tatiana, and selling a large quantity of licensed merchandise such as children's clothing, backpacks, and storybooks based on her image and her show's characters. She designs her own stage outfits, most of which feature her signature mark, a large star on the center of her chest (kind of like Dr. Seuss's Star-Bellied Sneetches).

When she was little, Tatiana wanted to be a mermaid.