Wow. I've never had such good experience with the RMV as I did today. I don't think anyone has had this good an expereince.

Story background. My lease on "my" car ran out after 3 years. The lease was from Chase. I sent the paperwork to Chase at the last minute, they prossesed it and I got back all the paperwork I needed.

As usual I procrastenated in going down to the RMV and getting the title changed. And I finally did it today. Well a few days ago I went to the RMV and I was told I needed to get the RMV-1 form from my insurance. Oh well.

So I head down to my insurance company's office in Watertown, get the paperwork done and head on over to the RMV. The RMV happens to be in Watertown mall, one block away :). Well I go in and receive my customer service number, B119. I look up and they're serving B118. Again -> :). I sit down for 60 seconds and my number comes up. The girl behind the counter goes thru my papers. Goes thru the computer. Everything looks good. Then she reaches down under the desk and pullsout new plates for the car. Again -> :). I thought I would have to wait a few days for new one. But no, she just hands them to me. And I'm done!

All that in under 30 minutes!

... and oh yeah, I asked and was told I can return the old plates anytime.

:)

One small hitch is that, the sales tax was charged to my credit card even tho Chase had provided a check for the tax. I did not realize what it was for either. The check is made out to the RMV so I will need to contact Chase and have something arranged. The check was for $460, I was charged $551. Chase has been good so far so I'm not worried about it.

Despite all this I feel uncomfortable. I am somewhat spoiled. I tend to procrastinate with deadlines and usually things turn out just fine. I don't like it. It's placed myself in a false sense of security and comfort. It's going to bite me in the ass one of these days. I'm usually not past deadlines but usually before the deadline. Not giving room for errors and change of plans. So far so good tho. And I can't let it go on like this.