The Ford GT90 was a concept car shown on December 6, 1994 as a potential successor to the GT40 LeMans car and which contributed to the production of the Ford GT, a production supercar for 2005. Featuring extremely distinctive styling based primarily on triangles and slightly influenced by the GT40, the GT90 is a supercar among supercars. Powered by a mid-mounted six liter V12 engine made by slicing two cylinders off each of two "Romeo" Ford Modular V8s (such as those found in the Lincoln Mark VIII) and welding the resulting bits together, then adding a custom crank, and equipped with no less than four turbochargers, the GT90 was a pure monstrosity of a vehicle, featuring basically every technical innovation available at Ford at the time.

Weighing only 1451kg/3199lb., the GT90's 720.0 bhp at 6600 rpm and 660.0 ft-lbs @ 4750 rpm propelled it from zero to sixty miles per hour in a mere 3.1 seconds, with a quarter mile time of 10.9 seconds. Top speed on this beast is 235 mph, or 378 kph.

The vehicle's chassis is made of aluminum and skinned with fiberglass and carbon fiber, the headlights are HID and even the parking lights are projector-type. The rear spoiler is speed-sensitive (a feature best-recognized on the Porsche Carrera 2 and 4) and the blue and silver interior looks like something out of a science-fiction movie. The vehicle even has infrared blind-spot sensors, which have become a common feature on modern vehicles, albeit typically in an ultrasonic form.

It was rumored that Ford would make a limited run of 100 of these vehicles to test the waters, but unfortunately for the enthusiasts with an overabundance of money in the bank, only one concept vehicle was ever produced. It cost approximately $800,000 to make the prototype, and the sun set on this model to later rise on the more sedate (220bhp more sedate, to be precise) but still supercar-quality 2005 Ford GT instead.