OH THE FOOLISHNESS OF YOUTH 

What man can resist the most powerful force in the universe? The force to reproduce. Simply stated that’s the force which men must deal with their entire lives. Oh, we fill our lives with other things but "the force" is always working on us. It lies dormant in our bodies for our first few years but then it springs to life as a seed. And from the seed is born the monster.

History tells the story. The Bible records several stories of interest. First, Adam and Eve.

Adam was beguiled by Eve. However you interpret this story, theirs’ was a complex relationship. First Adam was created alone. Then because of his loneliness, God created Eve. Then everything went to hell. They were both kicked out of the Garden of Eden as their punishment. Was "the force" behind all their undoing? Maybe....no, probably. They did have two sons, Cain and Abel. However, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy. What a mess.

Next, we read of Samson and Delilah. Samson’s long hair was the source of his strength but Delilah knew about "the force". Samson didn’t stand a chance and neither do we.

Antony and Cleopatra? You remember their story.

John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe?

Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky?

J. Howard Marshall II and Anna Nicole Smith?

And we as men are going to conquer " the force"? I think not.

Here are some words of wisdom for us.

  •  Recognize that "the force" is greater than we are and greater than we’ll ever be.
  • Don’t be too hard on yourself: it’s a male problem we all have. (well, at least those of us who are heterosexual)
  •  Don’t be too smug in thinking we have "the force" under control. Pretty girls are aligned with "the force" and they have evolved in ways that take advantage of us.
  • If all else fails, we should find an ugly girl with whom we can be happy. Have some kids. Have a life.

Remember if it weren’t for pretty girls plus "the force" none of us would be here.