While the Ender saga does follow Wharfinger's law, I'd have to say that the Bean saga (which will most likely top out at 4 books) has redeemed Orson Scott Card. I'd be the last one to argue with anybody that starting with Speaker for the Dead, it all went downhill, and I'd be the first to say that Children of the Mind was a travesty in the purest form of the word.

However, the Bean saga (so far consisting of Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, and Shadow Puppets) is different, and some would argue that Ender's Shadow surpasses Ender's Game. Ender's Game only shows Bean as a young child, a smartass who gets humbled and eventually learns to respect Ender. Ender's Shadow tells us so much more, from Bean's upbringing in Rotterdam to his leading of the Rabbit squadron after Ender's departure from Battle School, to his experiences on the asteroid when helping to control the attack on the Formic colony. The Bean saga stays fresh because OSC gets the chance to develop a multitude of characters, including Petra, Han Tzu (or Hot Soup), Peter, the ever-famous and dangerous Achilles (Pronounced A-sheel), Alai, and of course, Bean himself. Card keeps us turning the pages with action and plenty of locale changes, not the drawn-out dialogue and boring tone of the Ender books.

So, if Wharfinger ever returns, I strongly suggest he read the Bean novels and consider granting OSC at least a partial Seal of Approval.