American Idol is a television show on Fox created by Simon Fuller. The purpose of the show is to find the next sexy, marketable, 16-24 year old one hit wonder.

The judges of the show are former superstar Paula Abdul, record exec Randy Jackson, and the infamous, A&R guru Simon Cowell. Each week the performers sing live on TV in front of a studio audience. The songs must be selected from a genre chosen by the aforementioned judges. Musical themes range from motown to big band, giving the singers a true test of their style and range.

The first few weeks, the show travelled around to many large cities and held auditions. Many of the performances were so bad they had me in tears, including the most aweful rendition of silent night ever unleashed upon mankind.

The following people have made it to the final round.

  • Kelly Clarkson
  • Tamyra Gray
  • Justin Guarini
  • RJ Helton
  • Nikki McKibben
  • Christina Christian
  • Ryan Starr
  • A.J Gill
  • EJay Day
  • Jim Verraros

The winner of the show will win a record deal. When the show is over, the finalists listed above will go on tour across America to promote their CD entitled "American Idol: Greatest Hits". Simon Fuller also has plans for a movie based on American Idol.