Patton Oswalt is a comedian and voice-actor. He was the voice of Remy in Ratatouille, the children's movie. From this, you might surmise it would be a good idea to take your children to one of his shows. You would be wrong.

Things That are Infinitely More Boring Than His Comedy

Patton Oswalt was born on January 27, 1969, and grew up in Sterling, Virginia. He graduated from the College of William and Mary. He married Michelle McNamara in 2005. He often has appearances in movies and TV Shows (such as the Boozehammer of Galen on Reno 911!) and was a recurring character on CBS's The King of Queens. He has been on the dais of the Comedy Central Roasts of Flavor Flav and William Shatner. All of this pales in comparison to his standup, which is what he is best at.

His comedy is usually about Politics, Religion, Sexuality, and various topics from his childhood in New England. My favorite two things he has done are his two comedy albums, which are uncensored.

Feelin' Kinda Patton (2004)

Oswalt's brand of tangential comedy is artfully expressed in this 70 minute set. Variously, he touches on his hatred of George W. Bush, the gayness of 80's heavy metal (...those videos were gayer than 8 guys blowing 9 guys...), pornography (...this is the worst issue of Whiffle Ball Fuckers we have ever put out...), along with several other esoteric topics. He often starts off with a simple story, and then teases out some some small part, and magnifies it for comedic effect.

Werewolves and Lollipops (2007)

Oswalt's Werewolves and Lollipops is about his increasing level of fame, his marriage, and his love of all things nerdy. His three best bits are his rant about a 63-year-old that gave birth, his story about losing his job on VHI's "Best Week Ever" and his commentary on the world turning Bizarro. Above all else, Oswalt is a storyteller, and this album is a great example of that.

Places To See Patton's Work On-Line

Patton Oswalt's Amoeba Set
Patton on YouTube