A Firesign Theater comedy album way, way, way ahead of its time. Computer freaks would probably be amazed to listen to it today and then learn that it was produced circa 1970.

The whole story line is a tremendous send-up of Disney-type theme parks. This one features the "Wall of Science," which takes you on a tour of nothing less than the history of human civilization.

The tour introduces us to such scientific laws as, "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over."

It also features a computerized "Mr. President," who greets each visitor individually, allows them to ask him a question, and promises "a handsome Simulfax copy of your question, and my reply."

The hero of the album manages to work his way into the inner workings of the presidential computer and crashes it. The stream-of-consciousness ramblings of the computer as it's being undone (think of HAL 9000 being turned off in "2001: A Space Odyssey," but add a little bit of lysergic acid to his oil bath and you get the picture) is hilarious.

I've been meaning to buy this album on CD to take advantage of the superior sound (and since I haven't plugged in my turntable for nigh on a decade now). There are all sorts of little aural nuggets tucked away (think the first time you listened to "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" with headphones) that make this a must-listen in digital format.