The Eulenspiegel Society (which is now officially chartered under its acronym, TES) is a New York City based not-for-profit organization which began informally in the winter of 1971 that promotes sexual liberation for all adults (Especially for people who enjoy consensual SM).

TES meets twice weekly to provide educational seminars and social networking opportunities. Periodically, TES also hosts private play parties for its members and guests.

The organization has a name appropriate to its origin as a group founded by masochists for masochists.

In German folklore, there's a tale of a man named Till Eulenspiegel. Till always seemed happier while he was climbing a difficult hill because he anticipated the joy of receiving the reward of striding downhill afterward. He gladly submitted to discomfort, enjoyed it, and even transformed it into pleasure. This is essentially the core nature of masochism.

I highly recommend TES to anyone in the NYC area that has an interest in topics relating to BDSM. Don't be afraid of going to your first meeting as it's something that you'll be infinitely glad you did once it's over with. If you're not in the NYC area and would like information on similar organizations, please refer to All Things Kink.

Adapted from http://www.tes.org