Ancient Mother, I hear you calling, ancient Mother I hear your song, ancient Mother, I hear you calling, ancient Mother, I hear your song....

at some point in dreamland last night i was at the beach, swimming. i've been in this scenario in my dreams enough times to know that big waves are imminent, and they usually take the land away with them. i have family out on Long Island, so i learned wave navigation early on in life. however, i also have a minor fear of deep water since i'm not an olympic swimmer, and the undertow tends to be a bit strong out there. usually, when dreaming, i don't fare well with the tsunami-like waves.

last night, though, was different. the waves were spaced reasonably, and instead of getting caught up in them i just dove way deep beneath them and let them pass over me, allowing the natural currents to bring me back to the surface so i could breathe again. everyone else around me kept getting knocked around by them. the beach was gone, which was frustrating, replaced by a high sandy mountain that later waves would claim anyway, so i just stayed calm and enjoyed the water. i was nowhere near tired.

then came the big wave. this one was larger than any i've ever had in dreams before. i saw it, i panicked slightly but swam out far enough that i would be able to dive into its base and not get caught up in the fierce rumbling of it breaking, and i wouldn't get flipped all over the place by the falling arch. after the water settled, i was further out from land than i'm normally comfortable with. usually if i can't touch the ground when i'm in the ocean, i freak out. but i didn't. i was calm, serene. the sun was shining. i recognized that i wasn't gonna float away into the deep sea, and i wasn't going to drown, and i just needed to put a little work into swimming back in. i turned towards land and began the journey back.

I'm at peace with myself, for once. :)
And I think I'm ready to make progress in my life.

/me smiles, content.
It's about damn time.

Ancient Mother, I hear you calling, ancient Mother I hear your song, ancient Mother, I hear you calling, ancient Mother, I hear your song....