The sky is so blue outside today, and in November, in Montana; no doubt I should be out climbing mountains.

I'm sure things are happening out there, important things, things that reflect the Zeitgeist and could make this daylog historically relevant, in theory, someday.

But I don't really care. My head is here, in Everything, with this, my first node: a self-referential, maybe even whiny daylog. I'm just asking for it, I know. I know all about how nobody cares it's your first node, and how it will get downvoted, and especially for being a daylog, and about noding, and myself, and whiny and self-conscious and I should quit while I'm ahead. And the point was, I won't quote Nike to you, but...

I'm abiding by the same Insane Troll Logic that compels folks to lose their virginity to someone they don't like. It's going to suck anyway, so why waste a good partner on it? Or a compelling nodeshell? And some of these people may never have decent sex because they think they're somehow learning heavily guarded unwritten sex rules, that by virtue of common gender are going to apply to the body they care about. I really hope the metaphoric parallels end before that happens to me.

But, dammit, I've done everything you're supposed to do before you start and it wasn't happenin'. It's taken me 1.7 years to write this and it sucks.

I hope now that I've done most of the things I really shouldn't, I can move on.

Let's boogey.