I love that story up there.

I was out cutting my grass several years ago, before I actually had any kids, and this Boy Scout comes up to me. He's about 10, I guess. He just stands there, smiling, until I cut the mower off. I'm sweating like Patrick Ewing at the foul line, but this kid just stands there, with that uniform with SO MANY badges on it, smiling like something out of a David Lynch dream scene.

I wipe the sweat off my brow and say, "Well, what's up kid?"

He immediately pulls out (from behind his back?) a laminated card, about the size of a piece of notebook paper held sideways, and there's this spiel printed on the card.

I look at him. He looks at me. He's still smiling his ass off. I look at the card. I look back at him. Then he begins.

This kid gave me the spiel, and it was several paragraphs long, perfectly. Just as it was written on the card. Smiling all the time.

I bought every candy bar he had. I also told him that when he turned 19, I had a great job opportunity for him. I went into the house and got him one of my business cards.

Yeah, it cost me over $100 and I never heard from him again. But I'll bet you that one of you is working for this kid right now.

God, I love America.