I almost died today.

Of course I am exaggerating a tad, but then again hyperboles are in fashion.

School is over, and the students naturally rush out to leave as soon as possible. A few minutes later, the principal suddenly makes an announcement, "Code Red! Code Red! This is NOT a drill! Everyone get back to their classrooms and shut the doors now!". I was hanging back after class to talk with the teacher, and there were about ten of us left in the room.

Everyone gets pretty scared, and we all run to huddle under our desks. The teacher barricades the door while we hear the sounds of rushing students outside trying to find a room to go to. At first everyone is scared of course, and there is a creepy kind of silence. After a while nothing seems to happen, and so we are all bored at this point. Unfortunately the teacher decided that a game of hearts was not allowed, so we were forced to whisper about our imminent deaths.

After about an hour and a half, we got the all clear, and were finally told what had happened. Apparently some man had stolen a car, and was being chased by the police, when he ditched it by our school. He ran out and was fleeing when he dropped the sawed-off shotgun he was carrying. The police called the school and told them to institute a lockdown. Still, the police managed to catch the criminal, and all was well.

Upon returning to my car, I found a mysterious handprint had been placed upon it.