I was listening to my music the other day when my thirteen year-old cousin entered the room. Counting Crows, Jane's Addiction, Talking Heads, Soul Asylum, and The Gin Blossoms were on my play list. She admitted to me that she was strangely drawn to my choices while appearing baffled by her own awe. I attempted to explain to this Britney Spears look-alike that this was the music everyone listened to, "back in the day." She quickly retorted, "I didn't take you for someone who listened to 'classic rock'."

I, a nineteen year-old, use the term "classic rock" to refer to Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, and such; music that my parents raised me on, I claimed to hate, but sang along to under my breath. I recall being obsessed with the Steve Winwood song, "Back in the High Life" at the tender age of 8 or 9. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever refer to early-nineties music as "classic rock."

As I began to think about it, Led Zeppelin and fellow rockers paved the way for The Counting Crows, and other "complaint rock" of the nineties. It all began to make sense, I now feel like the oldest young adult ever.

I just punched myself. It hurt, a lot-especially for a newcomer to e2. they warned me it would hurt, but I didn't listen. Damn me for being so self-righteous.

I think I trapped a cricket in a candle holder at some point last night, just so that I wouldn't have to risk it attacking me in my sleep. I woke up this morning, half not knowing why there was a candle holder in the middle of my bathroom floor, and picked it up. The cricket, which appeared dead, was in fact faking it and sought revenge. I swear I thought it was dead, so I poked it and it jumped. I don't remember who proposed this idea, but I would like to credit someone (I think it was a comedian I saw on Comedy Central around 4 a.m. awhile back-probably Denis Leary or Chris Rock); as saying, I will never understand how women will pour boiling hot wax all over their body and then have their hair

ripped

out from the root, but are still afraid of a spider...