eggplant parm is one of my favorite dishes to eat and prepare. my version isn't really an authentic italian dish, but it tastes darn good.

here's what you need:

2 good sized eggplant
seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 lb. mozzerella cheese
red sauce (gravy for you italian folks)
2 eggs
salt

preparation:

preheat the oven to 400.
shred the mozzerella
cut the ends off the eggplant and peel them. slice them long-wise into 1/4" thick strips. once all the eggplant is cut, lightly salt each side of each slice and place then in a colander in the sink to sit for about 20 minutes. this reduces the (potential) bitterness that the eggplant can have. rinse off each slice and lay them aside to dry a bit.
beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
dip each slice of eggplant in the egg, then coat it in breading and place it on a greased baking sheet. once all slices have been breaded, place all the baking sheets in the oven.
since cooking isn't an exact science, you'll have to keep an eye on them. i've found that baking the eggplant slices 6 minutes on each side works well. however, you should bake them until they are golden brown-ish. as an alternative, you can also fry the slices instead of baking them. baking is more healthy, and i think it tastes better.
once they are done, take the out of the oven to cool a little.
put a layer of sauce down in a glass baking dish.
on top of this, put a layer of eggplant followed by a layer of cheese.
repeat the sauce-eggplant cheese thing until you run out of eggplant.
put an extra layer of sauce on the top to prevent drying out.
put this in the oven and bake it until the cheese is all melty and the sauce starts to boil around the edges of the pan. let it cool a little, so the cheese can firm up, then cut and serve.