What are shorties?
Shorties are a type of glove. No, not a name brand or model, but rather a modification. Shorties are gloves with half or more the finger material cut off the glove. This exposes raw flesh (ah yes! wonderful, wonderful skin!) of the fingers themselves. They resemble batters gloves.

Why would I want to have gloves with no fingers?
Dexterity. Shorties are typically work gloves used either to reduce abrasion to your hands (from lifting heavy or rough textured material) or to insulate heat while allowing the original dexterity of you fingers. Even the thinnest gloves can make simple tasks, such as picking up a nail, difficult. Although shorties may not provide as much protection as a whole glove, they are a healthy toss up between full-length and bare hands. SEF has informed me that amateur astonomers use them, so they can turn the dials of telescopes while not freezing to death.

How can I obtain a pair of shorties?!
Shorties are typically homemade. Of course there are some that are sold for specific purposes, but it is almost easier to make them yourself. First off, you must find a pair of gloves that will suit your purposes. Thick, thin, warm, not so warm... it all depends if you're trying to get out of them. Second, cut finger material to desired length. Removing most of the material is fairly easy. Try to keep the glove in a fairly ergonomic design, and it is also important to avoid cutting your glove so it doesn't fall apart. Third, wear. It seems to be a good idea to find a ratty pair of gloves to destroy, you don't want to ruin a new pair do you? I mean they're work gloves. It doesn't matter if they look good, and they're going to be ruined anyway.

Why are they called shorties?
Oh do come. You're a smart lad aren't you? It is fairly simple, the fingers are shortened thus they are called shorties. See that wasn't to hard now was it?

IMPORTANT!!! MAKE SURE TO CUT GLOVE WHILE NOT BEING WORN! NOT DOING SO COULD RESULT IN INJURY, LOSS OF DIGITS, OR EVEN DEATH!!! CrAzE IS NOT TO BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH INJURIES!