What is it to be creative?
In my mind, to be creative is to naturally be able to think outside the box and find a different path, that to at least you, makes some sort of sense. It should just click. If it doesn't come to you, but instead you must think for some time of ideas that seem weird or new, you have ingenuity and just wish you were creative. Creativity and "giftedness" are actually learning disabilities.

Why do people want to be creative?
I really don't know. If I had to guess I would say they think it is something special and want attention. The creative mind is hard to understand, and students and workers alike may find it ward to describe concepts to others that are not on their same plain of though. While they may seem wrong to everyone else, in their mind they are right. In many cases, when you tell a creative person why they are wrong, they will think "that's what I just said!!!". People who try too hard often say things that make no sense to them but are in some way related to the subject. Some people find that they must tell people that they are creative as if it were a title of honor, but, in my reality at least, it is a pain to try to decode the rest of the world.

What do I do to understand or help a creative person?
A great start to understanding a creative person would be to ask them to rephrase, simplify, or give the logic behind what they said, wrote, or did. Think about what they are saying. You might have to draw a mental picture or think about an object from another perspective. Creative people are stubborn like this, they can't just right out tell you what they are thinking in words you would understand, but then again they might not understand how you would think of it.
"Think outside the box."

Normal:
       


     #############
     #           #
     #  YOU ARE  #    The good stuff is here
     #   HERE    #
     #           #
     #           #
     #############

Creative:
       


     #############
     #           #
     #   THINK   #    You are here
     #  YOU ARE  #    You want to be here
     #    HERE   #    You leave so you can get here
     #           #
     #############
                      

You end somewhere entirely different, perhaps over there