It's pretty much a given that UPS sucks and really doesn't care that they do. My UPS delivery man is a wonderful guy and I always treat him with respect and give him a gift at Christmas. The boxes that arrive in pieces are not his fault, I just photograph them before opening just in case the contents are as destroyed as the packaging.

But I usually ship my packages through the competition, of which there are several, until recently when I had no other option.

I went to the HUGE UPS shipping facilty here in the KC, KS. area and their very kind and helpful staff weighed and measured the package. Since I have a UPS business account "we" decided to have the cost billed to me instead of paying onsite. I did get the lovely staff to write down the box dimensions, weight and cost for shipping, just in case I would need it later.

Well, well... I received my bill and it was $100 over what I was quoted at the UPS facility plus there was an additional $17.00 charge for a "document service" fee.

Needless to say I called the billing dept with questions about this, in particular this document service fee. Ha ha ha, it is a fee charged to the customer when a UPS employee makes a mistake. Whoever typed in the weight of the package thought that the 147 pounds was 2 pounds so they charged me $17.00 because this person if a f@#^&* idiot.

I told "Dwayne" you are shitting me, this has got to be some kind of joke. I am being charged a fee because your people are inept?!?!?! "Yes mam," he replied.

 I said "Dwayne, it will go down like this, UPS owes me $400 in unpaid insurance claims that I have fought tooth and nail to get reimbursed for so we will just call this even or we have option #2) I pay the price I was given upon shipping of  $190.56, which I have in writing from UPS. But I will not pay the "inept employee fee" and as a matter of fact I am going to make this little charge as public as possible."

Supposedly someone from UPS was to contact me within 24 hours to straighten this up, that was Monday and now we are at Saturday. It will be interesting to see how they decide to go with this because my mind is made up, I am calling it even with the money they owe me for destruction of property that I actually paid to insure.