oh my, what a busy boy cody has been since his last log.


E2 related:

my nodefu was getting way too high, 20somethingish, so i decided to node a whole bunch of stuff that has no chance of being voted up. added to the database: On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection in its entirety. whee! nodefu successfully lowered around 6 points...

at the request of management, The Great Grand E2 Mix-Tape Lotto has been combined into one single WU, individual WU's there are sticking around for a week or so to let mah peeps get whatever info they want out of them to format and send to me for inclusion in the main WU, then they're off to node heaven

nuked a bunch of my old crappy GTKY nodes...

been working very hard on my next tape entry to the mix-tape lotto: home of sad rockers and rad soccer



Non-E2 Related:

been running OS X on my B&W G3 since public beta last year, but just really started messing around in the BSD part of it. after a lot of trial and error, and a lot of documentation reading and a lot of guesswork with that wily beast netinfo, got http://www.giantsofscience.org up and running, along with all the usual shell account goodness pine/tin/ircii/postfix and the like. only to find that none of my friends want shell accounts. harumphf. no-one understands the simple beauty of the shell anymore. The Shell is dead. Long live the Shell!

for my birthday my GF paid for me to get a tattoo. he's really fun to have around the house. ba-dum *ching*! ok, seriously, my first one. some of you may remember the artwork from Devo's second album: Duty Now For The Future, the silhouette of the scientist in a circle with an atom one one side and an erlenmeyer flask on the other...yes i know i am a gigantic nerd.

last night, around 3am-ish, i was sitting outside on my balcony with my iBook, browsing around looking for tips on making a robot costume. neighbors in the apartments were having a party and attendees had been parking in my lot. so there i was minding my own business when directly below/in front of me a somewhat(not like stumbling or anything) drunk girl and her boyfriend start having some words. they weren't shouting or yelling or anything but voices were raised and i could tell tensions were high. i try to quietly sneak back into my apartment when she sees me

"hey you up there! what's your name?"

uhhhh, cody.

"hey coby, my boyfriend just dumped me. come over to my party. i'll have sex with you." (her possibly ex-boyfriend still right there)

"..."
i laugh awkwardly.

she just looks at me with straight seriousness.

well, let me go inside and see what my GIRLFR...

"come over! you'll have fun!" and walks back to her apartment.

the ex? bf: "i'd go over there if i were you." gets in his car and drives away.

Strange Days indeed...